Alzheimer’s Care in Pekin, IL
Top-Notch Alzheimer’s Care in Pekin IL at Heddington Oaks
You can feel good about choosing Heddington Oaks for Alzheimer’s care. Our staff members have a lot of training and experience in caring for Alzheimer’s patients and those with other forms of dementia. Thanks to a new state-of-the-art facility, we offer safe, secure accommodations for 80 Alzheimer's patients. Throughout our facility, we offer a total of 214 beds, including 42 private rooms. As your trusted destination for qualified, safe, comforting dementia care, rely on our many professionals to help with care for your loved one. Our team includes a full-time registered dietician, activities and social services assistants, nurses and more than 200 volunteers. Come to Heddington Oaks for top-notch Alzheimer’s care in Pekin IL.
Here at Heddington Oaks, we understand how difficult it is to make the decision to put your loved one in a home for Alzheimer’s care. It’s our job to make that transition as easy as possible. Rest assured, our environment is safe and comfortable for our patients suffering from Alzheimer’s. We are a non-profit care home for elderly men and women in Peoria County, sitting on 13 acres in a quiet, residential neighborhood.
Alzheimer’s patients require special services and dietary needs, which is why our staff is trained in caring for Alzheimer’s patients and those with other forms of dementia. Our services include:
- Dietary: Our full-time Registered Dietitian ensures residents have a healthy standard menu, customized menu and daily featured entrées to choose from each day.
- Therapy: Licensed professional therapists give comprehensive in-patient physical therapy, occupational therapy, in addition to speech therapy, stroke therapy and joint replacement rehabilitation services.
- Social services: Seven days a week, residents and their families have access to social services professionals who can help them in adjusting to major life changes or issues in their lives.
- Activities: From crafts to bingo, our residents are given many opportunities to socialize. We also take them on regular outings, such as to restaurants, sports events and shopping. We show them movies, too!
- Medical services: Residents get access to 24-hour skilled nursing care, with nursing personnel receiving bi-weekly training and each specialty unit (including the Alzheimer’s unit) receiving customized training. A nurse practitioner is on-site five days a week and a medical director visits twice a week. An ophthalmologist and podiatrist also visit regularly.
Contact us for Alzheimer’s Care in Pekin IL
If you live in Pekin IL and are searching for safe, qualified Alzheimer’s care near you, contact Heddington Oaks at 2223 West Heading Ave in West Peoria IL. Schedule your tour to see our facilities and ask questions when you call 309-636-3600.