A goal of the Peoria County Auditor, increased transparency, has long been a written objective in the Peoria County Strategic Plan. We have added one more layer to the effort through the inclusion of a Financial Transparency Portal.
Access to Finances
Partnering with OpenGov, we have developed a site that will allow Citizens increased access to our finances. Accounts Payable data (checkbook online) describing what we buy, with whom, for how much, by what Department or Office (Accounts Payable, only). Charts, graphs, data, and the ability to download to a .csv spreadsheet are features that are available. Questions about expenditures should be directed to the Department/Office incurring the expense; questions about the website should be directed to the Auditor. This new level of transparency is provided by the Peoria County Auditor to give our Citizens an interactive way to learn more about County expenditures. View budget and financial documents for Peoria County.
- These reports contain unaudited information
- Amounts may be subject to prior or future accounting adjustments or reclassifications
- Vendor’s names may be abbreviated to fit the space allowed
- Some information that is not appropriate for release will be redacted (e.g., HIPPA laws, privacy, account numbers, etc.)
- These reports contain information about expenditures subject to Peoria County Board budgetary appropriation (paid through Peoria County Accounts Payable).
- These reports contain information regarding checks issued through the Peoria County Accounts Payable Financial System. Any checks, electronic fund transfers, or other financial actions not issued through this system are not reflected.
Citizen How to Guide for the Check Book
- The Transactions Report will allow you to explore individual transactions in a simple user interface. The main view includes a grid with various controls to view all or individual expenses, and a graphical visualization. The visualization will show total amounts, grouped by year. You are able to control the breakdown of the visualization in the "Broken down by" menu. You can change the graph type with the legend in the top right corner and chose between a bar graph, pie graph, tree map or horizontal stacked chart.
- There is a search bar located at the top of the screen. This search bar allows you to search for any test across the grid. There are many ways to apply filters to the grid data. You may use the Filter panel located to the left of the report. You can also click on the filter icon for a specific column to apply a filter.
- You can share any grid view via social media or through email.
- After you have filtered your information and have what you want to look at, you can go to a full screen by downloading a.csv spreadsheet, where commonly-used features will allow you to analyze expenditures in appropriate software, such as Windows Excel.
Employee Compensation Report
In compliance with 5 ILCS 120/7.3(b), Peoria County government has compiled a list of employees who have a total compensation package of $75,000 or more approved as part of the annual budget. "Total compensation package" means payment by the employer to the employee for salary plus benefits that may include health insurance, a housing allowance, a vehicle allowance, a clothing allowance, bonuses, loans, vacation days granted, and sick days granted.
- 2019 Compensation List (PDF)
- 2020 Compensation List (PDF)
- 2021 Compensation List (PDF)
- 2022 Compensation List (PDF)
This list is also available at the Peoria County Administration Office.